Carella Byrne provides seasoned and strategic representation for debtors, creditors, and other interested parties in bankruptcy proceedings. We complement a comprehensive understanding of bankruptcy law and procedure with the valuable perspectives and insights of attorneys with backgrounds in multiple legal disciplines that intersect with these nuanced and complex matters. This depth and breadth of experience allow us to develop holistic bankruptcy approaches tailored to achieving each client’s goals in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 proceedings. We pride ourselves on our ability to identify and navigate the legal and business implications of every potential course of action, whether they be in core proceedings, adversary actions, or out-of-court restructurings.
For individual and business debtors, we help restructure debt, formulate reorganization plans, and negotiate workouts that can position them for a successful emergence from bankruptcy proceedings.
Secured and unsecured creditors, as well as creditors’ committees, reap the benefits of our aggressive advocacy and ability to craft and implement creative, cost-effective workout and restructuring strategies designed to minimize risk and maximize realization on collateral.
Comprehensive Bankruptcy Representation
Carella Byrne’s bankruptcy attorneys represent creditors and debtors in liquidation or reorganization proceedings under Chapters 7, 11, and 13 of the Bankruptcy Code, including:
- Prosecution and defense of adversary proceedings to determine dischargeability or objections to discharge
- Defense of fraudulent conveyance actions or preferential transfer actions filed by the trustee
- Assignments for the benefit of creditors
- Contested cash collateral proceedings
- Out-of-court composition plans or workouts
- Prosecution and defense of motions to modify the automatic stay
- Preparing and securing reaffirmations of debt
Since the firm’s founding in 1976, Carella Byrne has become synonymous with legal excellence, including the representation of parties involved in bankruptcy proceedings or those in need of counsel to realize recoveries on delinquent obligations.