Few areas of the law are as heavily regulated, scrutinized, and litigated as ERISA and employee benefits, and few law firms possess the depth and breadth of experience with these matters as Carella Byrne.
Our ERISA lawyers regularly counsel clients on benefits issues related to ERISA and retirement plan and employee benefits matters. We bring our knowledge and insights to bear on behalf of employers, plan sponsors, investment managers, and plan fiduciaries, all of whom entrust us with every aspect of plan design, governance, and compliance. Carella Byrne’s seasoned ERISA litigators also defend the interests and reputations of those on the receiving end of ERISA-related claims, including expansive and increasingly common class action lawsuits.
Plan Design, Governance, and Compliance
The attorneys in Carella Byrne’s ERISA practice group are extremely well-versed in the laws and regulations that govern retirement plans. Our broad experience includes:
- Advising both for-profit and nonprofit clients on compliance rules
- Developing workable solutions for fixing out of compliance plans through self-correction or voluntary government submissions
- Guiding clients through voluntary and government-mandated compliance audits
- Counseling clients on governance and fiduciary issues
- Counseling multi-employer defined benefit pension plans and self-funded and insured multi-employer welfare plans
Carella Byrne has a well-earned reputation for robust and strategic prosecution and defense of ERISA-related claims of all sizes and complexity. The firm has served as litigation counsel in many ERISA lawsuits, and our class action litigators have nationwide experience and a long track record of success in such matters. Our ERISA litigators represent clients in cases involving:
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Withdrawal liability disputes
- Allegations of prohibited transactions
- Claims relating to summary plan descriptions and required notices
- Claims and issues arising in bankruptcy proceedings