Melissa E. Flax
Melissa E. Flax is a partner of the firm and has been with the firm since 1996. Ms. Flax focuses her practice on civil litigation including environmental litigation, commercial litigation, insurance coverage litigation and labor and employment law. She practices in both Federal and State Courts.
She received an A.B. Degree from the University of Michigan; American University, London, England and a J.D. Degree from Loyola University where she was a member of Loyola University Law Review. Ms. Flax served as a Law Clerk from 1992-1993 to Honorable Julio M. Fuentes, Superior Court of New Jersey, Essex County. She is a member of New Jersey State and New York State Bar Associations.
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey - 1992
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit - 1996
- United States Supreme Court - 1999
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit - 2002
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit - 2004
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York - 2008
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York - 2008
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York - 2015